Saturday, October 22, 2011

Convo Fever

It is the time of the year again, where UiTM graduates would get their scrolls ... which also means that us lecturers would be sitting on stage to witness the ceremony for a FULL FOUR HOUR 'mengeraskan vontot' session!!! Haih! My turn to do so would be this coming Tuesday afternoon from 1 til 5. Gosh! I should go for an urut session before and after the event don't I?? Hehehe. Anyway, while other lecturers are mostly lucky to have been assigned for only 1 session, I was quite unlucky as to have been requested by the Office of International Affairs (OIA) to be part of their liason for embassy committee!!! Huhuhuhuhu...this means that I had to be at the convocation opening ceremony previous Wednesday to greet, usher and basically chaperone the ambassadors who are attending the ceremony......or in other words, be a balaci laaaaa!!!

So, there I was last Wednesday, waiting to greet the Afghanistan ambassador (others involved were assigned to other ambassadors or reps from countries like Pakistan, Ireland, Maldives, Nigeria, Yemen, Senegal, Russia, Morocco, to name a few). I was dressed in a three piece pant suit as directed by the OIA and that was a mistake I tell you as it was quite a hot day. I was perspiring like mad while waiting for the ambassador's arrival outside. Other lecturers, Dr Arnis and Dr Rozana, from Applied Science faculty were smart as they refused to wear the suit but wore their baju kurungs instead (..hmmm...I ni kan lurus bendul). Anyway, the ambassadors were mostly late and we were already having butterflies in our tummies coz we would not know what to do if their arrivals coincided with his Majesty the King's arrival!! Tak ke haru if that were to happen. Nak bawa masuk ke kiri ke or ke kanan as the King would definitely walk on the red carpet at the center...and we were afraid if we did not follow the protocol...haiyooo...

Alas, my ambassador did not come.....jenuh I waited! After many attempts to call the ambassador's driver, he finally answered the phone telling me that his excellency would not be coming after all. Wasted a lot of my sweat je lah! So, I thought I could go run scot-free back to my office but of course Dr Hayati (director of OIA) asked me to help the others out....takda chance nak escape punye!!! So, there I was stuck in Dewan Agong Tunku Canselor (DATC) for avontot cramming 4 hour session! Huhuhu...Nasib baik Dr Noryati was also one of the liasons so it was not so boring as I had her to chat with!

Hmmmm....what good thing came out of this experience???..other than getting a 'buns of steel'...yeah...literally....my vontot felt keras like a steel, after that, I tell ya!......The good thing was I got to feast my eyes on the Agong whom I must say is one of the most dashing royalty in the country's history...ngeh ngeh ngeh....and his consort (who is my age, by the way) is so beautiful....his majesty is so lucky to have her as his wife. I tried to take some photos of them, though, but all I could manage to snap were just glimpses of them as they were entering the hall and one of His Majesty on the stage (yelah....guna I-phone camera je kan). So, layan these pictures below.....


Ha ha ha...kan I dah kata....you can just catch a glimpse of the royalties....in this photo, the Queen....yang bertudung cream tu...

And now for His Majesty the King of Malaysia....


Pun nampak just the head (donning the songkok), if you can see in this photo above.....And some of the foreign delegates (closest to you in this photo)

Ok...ok...I have a slightly clearer vision of the King in the next photo where he was on stage.
.
.
.
.


And
.
.
.
.


of course....yours truly, posing outside the hall, waiting for the ambassadors' arrivals...On the left is Dr Arnis (sweet kan? and rich too coz I saw her driving a BMW-5 series) and in the center is Dr Rozana (who is the Timbalan Dekan Akademik of Applied Science faculty who also happens to be Dr Hayati Dahan's younger sister). Notice something in the picture???? How short I am.. as compared to the both of them....Huwaaa...itulah, kecik-kecik taknak minum susu and makan makanan banyak protein!!!

Oh, and one more pose for the camera in the hall
.
.
.
.




Oh yeah....hahaha...dengan bangganya....tayang pas....Evidence, people, evidence!!









No comments:

Post a Comment