Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ISO in Seri Costa

Hi everyone!!!

Just came back from Melaka today. I went there on Sunday morning to attend a workshop on ISO 9001:2008....hah....ambik...sekali dengan version mana satu gitu! I was looking forward to going to the workshop, not so much for the knowledge about ISO but because i thought I could go to Kedai Ikan Bakar at Muara Sungai Duyung or do some sightseeing. But alas, I never went because there were night workshop sessions too. Hehehe....sebab nawaitu sudah tak betul.....I didnt get much out of the workshop pon. Seriously, if you ask me anything about ISO, all i can remember is that there are many sections and clauses that one has to know at the tip of their fingers. For the most part of the lecture given by PM Alwi, I was busy chitchatting with Marhani.

At the beginning of the workshop tu, PM Alwi said that there are 3 groups of workshop participants. Group 1 is for those who are selected by the dean and forced to come to workshops. These participants come anyway because lodging is provided, food is free, and travelling expenses is covered by the university. Group 2 is for those who come because they have been selected to and they are willing to learn so as to make their time spent at the workshop worthwhile. Group 3 pula is for those who volunteer to come even though their names are not selected but they want to be involved in the management of the faculty. Hmmmmmm.........I am definitely in Group 1.


So, during the workshop, we stayed at this hotel. Hotel Seri Costa....the hotel sucks, I can tell ya!



I read that it is a 3 star hotel but then, by the looks of it...macam takde star aje. I mean, i've stayed in other 3 star hotels that are wayyyy better. The food was not consistently good (breakfast and lunch tak sedap but dinners and tea breaks were ok lah sikit), the hotel room was small, and the lighting in the room was not enough (very dim). Housekeeping staffs were only available after 8, so I couldn't get them to send me the iron. So, i was dressed in crumpled clothing and tudung as I couldn't get them ironed before the workshop's morning session on Monday. The only positive thing about the hotel is its location. It's very2 close to Mahkota Parade (apa lagi...me and Marhani pun shopped til we drop after the afternoon workshop sessions), Dataran Pahlawan, Golden Screen Cinemas (where me and Marhani went to watch Harry Potter 2.....midnight show lagi!!...shhhh.....don't tell the kids as I had promised to watch it with them next weekend...) and other Melaka tourist attractions.

Anyway, at the end of the last session, we had to take a 'test' of some sort.....just to gauge the effectiveness of the workshop and to see how good we have been at absorbing the knowledge on ISO delivered by PM Alwi. You can see the questions below.....haaa....all we had to do was to determine the section or clause that's relevant to each question tu.




Wanna know what I scored???? 78% wooooohooooo!! For someone who wasn't paying attention most of the time...that's one hell of an achievement!! Highest score was 84%....and there were a few who scored in the 60th percentile. Hehehe..... All in all I can say that I did enjoy the kursus, especially for the opportunity to get to know Marhani and Ain more (both were in the same group as I, and Marhani was my roommate). Enjoy the pics below.




Me, Marhani and Ain...tiga mak dara pingitan...





Heheh....look at the participants in the other group tu....attentively listening to PM Alwi's lecture.....me? Makan and posing for the camera lagi besttttt!!




No comments:

Post a Comment