Friday, July 8, 2011

Slow Saturday

Dear readers,

It's close to 2.30 pm and I am feeling terribly bored. I am usually very busy on Saturdays....by this time I would have already sent Farhan to his Math tuition class and should be zooming by on the Elite highway like a mad woman in a mad dash towards Cyberjaya (sebab kena reach there by 2.45 and then balik Shah Alam to fetch Farhan by 4 pm) to see my darling Sarah. However, Farhan's math class has been cancelled (errrr....Pn Maziah pi Bersih rally ke, Pn Maziah??). Msisters pulak told me to stay home coz there could be roadblocks that would hinder me from going to-fro Cyber. Instead, both of my sisters would go c Sarah and get her dirty laundry... (Hahaha....kesian their maid Jinggo kena wash and iron, and lucky my maid Sum), bring her food , etc. Heard that they would go to SSP in Keme's brand new Ferrari. Besides, Farhan has quit his guitar lesson which used to begin at 4.30 pm. That made my afternoon, today, free.

So, here I am, at home, blogging. There are a few more photos I'd like to share here of my trip home to Malaysia from Jubail. Left Saudi with a heavy heavy heart, coz my sayang is gonna be alone again. Besides, thinking of the long journey back home (transit for 10 hrs in Doha, sebab nak cheap ticket punye pasal lah) really made me rasa tak nak balik. But what to do, my 3 kids and job beckoned.


Ini my puffed up (sebab seminggu have been stuffing myself up with the oh so glorious Arab Kabsah, mutton briyani, cheesecakes, chocolates etc) but sad, sad face, in the car on the way to the airport in Dammam

The flight from Dammam to Doha lasted around 45 minutes. It was pretty much uneventful, except for some cases of turbulance. Then, once landed, the queue at the transit lane was surprisingly very2 short, so, I breezed thru the section within minutes. Not keen on buying anything at the duty free shop, I headed straight to the Oryx lounge to lepak2 in comfort while waiting for the connecting flight to KL in another 10 hrs. Since I was just an economy class passenger, I could use the lounge only if I paid 40USD. Oklah, willing to pay coz it's quite a reasonable sum for enjoying the facility to shower, free flowing food and drinks (served buffet style), tranquility etc.

The Oryx lounge

A thing i noticed, those Arab women who came in here looked so sophisticated in their expensive sequined abaya, designer sunglasses, LV or gucci handbags, and high shoes. There were this Arab woman and hubby with their small son, came and sat somewhere near my section, together with 3 Indonesian maids...(apakehe nya nak 3 maids to take care of 1 small son).......Yang amazing nye, the maids, semua were decked hair to toe in the same attire (tudung hitam, t-shirt long sleeve warna pink and striped hitam...body hugging pulak tu...black skinny jeans, and get this....adidas walking shoes and burberry sling bags each....!!!!) ala ala pakai uniform le tu. The couple must be very2 kaya, tokeh minyak ke apa. The arab couple toksah citer le ... walaupun the couple pakai abaya and thobe (jubah ...male version of abaya....it's white in colour) but then nampak kainnye of high quality. Hidung pun ada tinggi juga...lubang hidung? nasib baik kecil...kalau tak dah serupa macam Ahmad Nispu dalam Seniman Bujang Lapok.

So, that was pretty much what i did to while away the hours .... people watching!!!

Tapi I takdele keghojenye nengok orang je hokey...ada jugak le something worthwhile that i did... like...reading my novel and eating (that's for sure....free food you!!!....).


My faithful companion in the lounge: Novel ("The memory keeper's daughter"), tarts and sandwiches, and steaming hot mugs of chamomile tea! Bliss!! For dinner, I had asparagus soup, dinner roll with butter, pita bread, three bean salad, another kind of salad whose name I've forgotten, and humous!!


Makan tak hingat dunia....dalam plane terimalah bahananye.....kena attack dengan angin pus pus!!! Aiyooo....nasib baik they were the "silent-and-no-smell kind" ones...hahaha...kalau tak, kesian the mamat in the next seat.

Alas, a lesson learnt from this trip home:

.
.
.
.


Apakah???
.
.
.

Clue? Look at my foot tu!!
.
.
.
.
Never ever ever wear boots!!! Huwaaaa......kakiku sakit!! These boots AIN'T made for walking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment